Welcome to Health Sciences Advising!
Our advising staff provides specialized educational advising by guiding accepted, "in-program" Allied Health and Nursing students to successfully complete an Associate in Science Degree or Bachelor of Science Degree or Certificate Program. For the associate level health sciences programs, attendance at a Health Sciences Information Session is mandatory, before scheduling an application review appointment with either the Allied Health or Nursing advisors.
Associate in Science students are expected to complete their educational goals and be professionally marketable in a much shorter period of time than many others. This site is dedicated to provide program specific information that will help students succeed in their pursuit of Valencia's Associate in Science, Bachelor's and/or Certificate programs.
To better serve students who have not yet been accepted into a limited access program, we have partnered with Enrollment Services and the campus advising centers. It is important to note that Valencia students not yet accepted into their desired health sciences program should work closely with their campus based Allied Health Program Advisor or Nursing Program Advisor (Check Academic Profile in Atlas for assigned advisor).
NOTE: It is highly recommended that students meet with their "pending" advisor before submitting their Health Sciences Program application. The College Advising locations are: East: 5-210, Lake Nona 1-149, Osceola, 2-140, Poinciana 1-117, West SSB-110 and Winter Park 1-210. Prospective students who have not yet applied to Valencia may meet with campus based career center advisors at: East 5-230, Osceola 2-125, West SSB 2016 or Winter Park 1-214.
Health Science Programs
Associate in Science
The A.S. degree prepares you to enter a specialized career field in about two years. It also transfers to the Bachelor of Applied Science program offered at some universities. If the program is 'articulated,' it will also transfer to a B.A. or B.S. degree program at a designated university.
- Cardiovascular Technology
- Dental Hygiene
- Diagnostic Medical Sonography
- Emergency Medical Services Technology
- Health Information Technology
- Nursing Program Tracks
- Nursing Traditional, Daytime
- Nursing, Valencia/UCF Concurrent A.S.N. to B.S.N.
- Important Note: The Valencia College Traditional A.S. Nursing Program requirements applies to the Valencia/UCF Concurrent A.S.N. to B.S.N. Program. The of Nursing has other requirements. Click on the following link UCF/VC Admission Checklist for the program requirements from both schools. All requirements must be met before submitting a program application.
- Nursing Traditional, Evening/Weekend
- Nursing, Accelerated Track in Nursing
- Nursing Traditional, Daytime
- Respiratory Care
- Veterinary Technology
- This AS Degree is offered through a Cooperative Agreement with . Students interested in this program may take the general education requirements at Valencia and complete the rest of the degree online through St. Petersburg College. Valencia Catalog has more information about the Cooperative Agreement with St. Petersburg College.
Bachelor of Science
国产偷拍视频The B.S. degree prepares you to enter an advanced position within a specialized career field. The upper-division courses build on an associate degree and take about two years to complete.
Advanced Technical Certificates
The Advanced Technical Certificate, an extension of a specific Associate degree program, consists of at least nine (9), but less than 45, credits of college-level course work. Students who have already received an eligible Associate degree and are seeking a specialized program of study to supplement their associate degree may seek an Advanced Technical Certificate.
- Computed Tomography
- Leadership in Healthcare
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging
- Vascular Sonography
A certificate prepares you to enter a specialized career field or upgrade your skills for job advancement. Most can be completed in one year or less. Credits earned can be applied toward a related A.S. degree program.
Continuing Education provides non-degree, non-credit programs including industry-focused training, professional development, language courses, certifications and custom course development for organizations. Day, evening, weekend and online learning opportunities are available.