Florida Residency

Important Reminder

Students who are eligible for Florida residency for tuition purposes pay a much lower tuition rate. See the current rates.

For students who fail to submit documentation and still register for classes, tuition will be charged at the out-of-state rate.

If your request for Florida Residency and the necessary documentation is not received prior to the Proof of Florida Residency Deadline as listed in the Important Dates and Deadlines calendar, your residency will be processed for the next available term.

Submit Your Florida Residency Form

国产偷拍视频Florida Residency forms can be filled out and submitted electronically at the link below. Supporting documentation can be attached prior to submitting the electronic form. The preferred document types to upload supporting documentation are PDF and JPG.

国产偷拍视频If you already have an Atlas account click  to submit your form.

Dependent vs. Independent Students

The determination of dependent or independent student status is important because it is the basis for whether the student has to submit his/her own documentation for residency (as an independent) or his/her parent's or guardian's documentation of residency (as a dependent). Parent means one or both of the parents of a student, any guardian of a student or any person in a parental relationship to a student.

Proof of relationship may be required if you do not indicate a parental/guardian relationship with your claimant, or if your last names are different. Acceptable documentation for proof of relationship may include: birth certificate(s), marriage certificate (if name differs from birth certificate), or your claimant's prior year's tax documents. A combination of these documents may be required if a single form of proof is inconclusive.

Independent Students

A student who meets any of the following criteria shall be classified as an independent student for the determination of residency for tuition purposes:

  • You are 24 years of age or older prior to the Proof of Florida Residency Deadline listed in the Academic Calendar.
  • You are married. (Copy of marriage certificate required.)
  • You have a child who lives with you and receives their support from you. (Copy of your child's birth certificate. A copy of your most recent federal tax return that lists your child as a dependent may be required to show that the child receives more than half their support from you.)
  • You have other dependents who live with you and receive their support from you. (Copy of most recent federal tax return listing the person(s) as your dependent required.)
  • You are a veteran of the U.S. Armed Forces. (Copies of military documents required.)
  • Your parents are deceased and you are, or were until age 18, a ward of the court. (Copies of court documents required.)

A student who does not meet any of the criteria outlined above may be classified as an independent student only if he or she submits documentation that he or she provides fifty (50) percent or more of the cost of attendance for independent, in-state students as defined by the Office of Financial Aid (exclusive of federal, state, and institutional aid or scholarships).


All other students who do not meet the definition of an independent student shall be classified as dependent students for the determination of residency for tuition purposes.