Part Time Faculty Information
Part-time Faculty Benefits and Employment Facts
Work that Matters
国产偷拍视频There are plenty of places to find employment, but at Valencia, you will find fulfillment. The winner of the inaugural Aspen Prize for Community College Excellence, Valencia is one of the largest community colleges in Florida, teaching more than 63,000 students annually. But it's our quality of education, not size that truly makes us great.
Your Total Rewards
国产偷拍视频Valencia College is committed to providing employees with a competitive and comprehensive total rewards package. Your total rewards include more than just your base pay. Our total rewards program offers a wide-ranging combination of pay, benefits, professional development and work/life balance in a meaningful, collaborative work environment.
国产偷拍视频Part-time faculty are eligible for a variety of benefits and programs that reflect our appreciation for your service to the College. Listed below is a summary of benefits and programs that you can enjoy.
- Paid Time Off
- Valencia is the first among Florida colleges to offer paid time off for part-time faculty members. As a part-time faculty member, you'll receive: one half-hour of paid time off for each contact hour taught, at the start of each scheduled, contracted term, to use in the event of an unforeseen circumstance, illness or emergency. Paid time off is non-cumulative, non-compensable and non-transferable.
- FICA Alternative To Social Security
- Part-time faculty members are automatically enrolled in the 401(a) FICA Alternative Plan where 7.5 percent of gross earnings will be placed in a tax-sheltered annuity, in lieu of the current 6.2 percent Social Security contribution, for employees who would not otherwise be eligible for defined retirement plans. Valencia's FICA Alternative Plan is currently administered by VALIC, with flexibility in investment fund options available.
- Retirement Savings Options
- Valencia has partnered with VALIC to administer and provide the best benefit programs for Valencia employees. Through our partnership with VALIC, you have access to a variety of services to help you plan, save and invest for your retirement. Start building your retirement portfolio today by investing in the 457(b) or 403(b) voluntary plans. Plans offer immediate vesting and are portable, which means they can be rolled into investment options. You can choose pre-tax and/or post-tax contributions.
- Faculty And Instructional Development
- Valencia's comprehensive, competency-based Faculty Development Program offers face-to-face seminars and classroom training to online and hybrid courses - giving you variety, quality and, best of all, choice. Courses are uniquely designed and facilitated by Valencia experts - your colleagues - to engage teachers, scholars and practitioners in continuous improvement processes that result in student learning.
- Associate Faculty Certification Program
- The Associate Faculty Certification is Valencia's way of recognizing and rewarding a commitment to enhancing knowledge, skills and abilities that lead to student learning and academic success. The program provides an opportunity to deepen your understanding of the Essential Competencies of a Valencia Educator as a part of a collaborative, innovative teaching community and to earn an increase in pay for contracted contact hours taught.
- Campus Centers For Teaching/Learning Innovation
- Campus Centers for Teaching/Learning Innovation provide a place where faculty learning, collaboration, innovation and scholarship contribute to the greater success of our students, faculty and community with a variety of services in support of teaching and learning. Services include partnering with an instructional designer to create and practice delivery of course content and materials; certifications, programs and teaching tools help to expand your professional practice and development in the Essential Competencies of a Valencia Educator; the Essential Competency Library offers more than 800 titles in books, scholarly journals and electronic resources in support of the Essential Competencies of a Valencia Educator; resources including computers, printers, iPads and video equipment are available along with a community of faculty to connect with.
- Academic Device Insurance
- Academic device insurance through the Florida College System Risk Management Consortium covers all cell phones, tablets, e-readers, laptops and computers for loss due to theft or accidental damage, including personal devices. Family of employees and students may be included at an additional cost.
- Access To Valencia's Dental Hygiene Clinic
- Valencia's fully accredited dental hygiene program provides preventive dental hygiene services to faculty, staff, students and the general public - often for less than your insurance copay.
- Free LYNX Bus Transportation
- Interested in ridesharing or sustainable transportation? Valencia has partnered with LYNX Transportation to offer free bus transportation for all Valencia faculty, staff and students.
- Discounts On Valencia Arts And Entertainment Events
- Through Valencia's Arts and Entertainment program, you have the chance to attend award-winning plays, dance presentations and theater performances - all for a discounted price and often for free.
Read the for more detailed information.
国产偷拍视频Your Content Here